Let me start by introducing myself, I’m Natasha the party girl behind the blog Fete Fanatic. I am delighted to be a guest blogger for Celebrations.com. I must admit, I thought writing for someone else’s blog would be challenging, however, I’m quite comfortable writing just about anything Celebration related, so I feel right at home!
I know you all can’t get enough of desert buffets and sweets tables, right? I know, I can’t. I recently created a backdrop for a bridal shower desert buffet using streamers! Here are some DIY tips for giving your sweets buffet or any buffet set up extra flair with a super simple backdrop, and it’s economical.
All you need are streamers in two to three colors, scissors, tape, and a poster board.
This was a chocolate and cherries dessert buffet. So, fittingly I used a color palette of red, brown and white.
Here’s how I created it...
Streamers, Scissors, Tape, & Poster board.
- Measure the streamer to fit the board with a little excess to wrap the end of the streamer to the back of the board.
- Use the tape to stick each end top and bottom to the back of the board.
- Alternate colors creating vertical stripes. Don’t pull streamer too tight, you’ll need some room to create the weave effect.
- After you’ve covered the board with stripes, start weaving the streamers in a horizontal pattern. Remember your pattern combination used for each color and repeat it until you cover the board.
- If you don’t wish to do the weaving, you can stick with the stripes! They look just as nice. In fact I am using stripes for a shower at the end of this month.
Here’s the completed backdrop! I hope you’ll try it for your next desert buffet table!