Here's a spooky fall guest post that is so, so cute. If you're interested in being a guest blogger for Celebrations, give us a shout!
Now, without further ado, here is your how to from Miss CANDIQUIK.
Hello fellow Celebration friends! I am pumped to be posting a guest blog post today! Especially since it involves cake pops! Spice cake and cream cheese frosting has to be one of my favorite flavor combos for cake pops. Or maybe devil's fudge with chocolate frosting, wait - maybe lemon with lemon. Why are we forced to make such tough decisions in life?! For these Ghost Cake Pops I did the wise choice and went with spice cake (pumpkin or carrot would be awesome too)! It just made sense for the season and it's delicious. So let's begin! You will need:
•2 packages (16 oz.) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating
•1 box spice cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake)
•1/2 of a (16 oz.) container cream cheese frosting
•Black edible marker (I found Americolor™ Gourmet Writer works the best)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl.
3. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
4. Chill mixture approximately 2 hours in the refrigerator (you can speed this up by placing in the freezer).
5. Roll cake mixture into 1” sized balls; place on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
6. Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK according to the package directions.
7. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in melted CANDIQUIK; allow excess coating to drip off and place on wax paper to set.
8. Once dry, use the black edible marker to draw on the eyes and mouth.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or do not hold their shape while being dipped, return to the refrigerator for an additional 20-30 minutes.