FineStationery.com® & Celebrations.com® 2014 Holiday Design Contest Official Rules
FINE STATIONERY.COM® & CELEBRATIONS®
2014 HOLIDAY DESIGN CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO DESIGNERS REGISTERED WITH CELEBRATIONS LLC., WITH AN ACTIVE PROFILE WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: FINESTATIONERY.COM® & CELEBRATIONS® 2014 Holiday design Contest (hereinafter the "Contest") begins at 12:01 AM EST on 6/16/14 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on 8/9/14 (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion Period will be divided into three stages
Stage One - A thirty one (31) day entry Period from 12:01 am EDT on 6/16/14 through 11:59 pm EDT on 7/16/14 (the “Entry Period”)
Stage Two – A four (4) day judging period from 7/17/14 through 7/20/14 (the “Judging Period”) where Entries will be judged by Sponsor from among the eligible entries received during the Entry Period based on the judging criteria in Section 2C. The top ten (10) Entries in each of the six (6) categories will be selected (collectively the “Finalists”)
Stage Three – A twenty (20) day public voting Period from 12:01 am EDT on 7/21/14 and continue through 11:59 on EDT on 8/9/14 (the “Voting Period”) as detailed in Section 2 and 3 respectively herein.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Holiday Card or Holiday Invitations design (each an “Entry” or collectively “Entries”) will be accepted during the Entry Period (12:01 am EDT on 6/16/14 through 11:59 pm EDT on 7/16/14). Each designer may submit up to Three (3) Entries in each of the Six (6) categories. To enter the Contest designer must a) have or create a free designer profile through the Designer Studio located at http://www.celebrations.com/info/design-a-collection ; b) upload their Entry to their Celebrations designer portfolio; c) Title each Entry; d) email the link to the Entry (design) to email@example.com and include Holiday Design Contest in the email Subject line. Note: when submitting multiple designs, do not submit the same design in multiple colorways or slight variations of the same design.
You may enter the Contest a maximum of three (3) times in each of the following six (6) categories
1) Ugly Sweater Holiday Party or Cookie Exchange Party
2) Corporate/Office Holiday Party
3) Happy Hanukkah Photo Cards or Happy Hanukkah Cards
4) New Year’s Eve Party 2015
5) Happy Holiday Photo Cards
6) Happy Holidays Greeting Cards or Humorous Holiday Cards (no photo)
2A. YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND that you are submitting your Entry on a non-confidential basis, and agree that if accepted Sponsor may publish your Entry for public voting, but Sponsor is under no obligation to accept or publish your Entry
2B. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT (i) you are designer registered with Celebrations.com, with an active profile and at least twenty one (21) years of age ; (ii) the Entry is original to you and you are the sole owner, creator, inventor and/or author of the Entry; (iii) you grant Sponsor the exclusive right to use of the Entry in any advertising and promotional materials (visual, sound, print and/or electronic form), including posting Entries on its website, (iv) you grant Sponsor any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances to use the Entry; (v) use of the Entry will not infringe the rights of any third parties (including copyright, trademark, rights of likeness, rights of privacy and rights of publicity), and that you have all rights and permissions necessary for Sponsor’s use of the Entry; (vi) you have full right and authorization to submit the Entry and that no other person or entity has or shall have any right, title or interest in or to the Entry; and (vii) the Entry has not been used, or permitted to be used, for publically available commercial purposes (excluding blogs), including but not limited to advertisements; and (viii) you hereby hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from any use of the Entry and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. You also agree that you will not use, or allow someone else to use, the Entry for publically available commercial purposes, including, but not limited to advertisements.
2C. JUDGING: The Judging Period is from 7/17/14 through 7/20/14. Entries will judged by Sponsor, whose decisions are final, equally on following three (3) criteria:
- Suitability for Marketing. How well does the design communicate the host’s message? There should be enough space for personalization while setting the style and tone for the event. We’ve found that hosts prefer 6-8 lines of text space to communicate the details of the event.
- Design balance. How balanced is the design? Graphic elements shouldn’t overwhelm the design. Text boxes should be placed away from the edges of the design.
- Design Cohesion. Do the colors within the design blend? Chosen colors should work together while allowing the host’s message to be legible.
3. ONLINE VOTING AND WINNER SELECTION: The Voting Period will begin 12:01 am EDT on 7/21/14 and continue through 11:59 on EDT on 8/9/14. The Finalists Entries in each of the six (6) categories will be posted on a Celebrations.com for public voting. The eight (8) Entries (regardless or category) that receive the highest number of votes during the Voting period will receive prizes. First Prize will go to the Entry with the most votes, Second Prize to the Entry with the second most votes and so on. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to vote in the Contest are prohibited. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. In the event of a tie vote, Sponsor will make the final determination of the prize winners. All Prizes will be awarded and potential winners will be notified by email address provided upon entry. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award prizes of equal or greater value if advertised prizes are unavailable.
4. CONTEST PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV"): There will by eight (8) prizes in total.
First Prize winner will receive $500 USD
Second Prize winner will receive $200 USD
Third Prize winner will receive $100 USD
Fourth Prize winner will receive $50 USD
Fifth Prize winner will receive $50 USD
Sixth Prize winner will receive $50 USD
Seventh Prize winner will receive $50 USD
Eighth Prize winner will receive $50 USD
In addition to the cash prizes the winning Entries will also be featured on the Celebrations.com website and winning designers will be interviewed as part of designer spotlight article to be published on Celebrations.com. Winning Entrants (designer0 will also be given the opportunity to have their products sold and featured on Finestationery.com. The total ARV or all prizes is $1050 USD
5. GENERAL RULES: Taxes, related to the prizes are the winners' sole responsibility, if applicable. Prize winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within five (5) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, image, photo, sobriquet and biographical information for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these OFFICIAL RULES and winners release Sponsor, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest from any and all liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of prize. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, Online Service provider, or other organization (e.g., business or educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entries are subject to verification of eligibility and will be declared invalid if they are incomplete, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the voting process or the operation of the Contest or website; violates the OFFICIAL RULES; or acts in an unsportsmanlike, obscene or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrant or person. Entrants are expressly prohibited from offering incentives (money, cars, exotic vacations, Facebook credits, etc.) in exchange for votes. We hope you enjoy the Contest and encourage people to vote for your Entry, but compensating people for votes is prohibited and those Entries will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or damaged Entries due to internet services providers service, weather, technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including for infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures or corruption of any sort, and award prizes from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
6. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to designers registered with Sponsor, with an active profile, who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry. Corporate partners and vendors of Celebrations.com, LLC. (“Sponsor”) their subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
7. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, visit www.celebrations.com/__________ between 8/11/14 and 9/30/14.
8. SPONSOR & ADMINITRATOR: The Sponsor and Administrator of this Contest are Celebration.com, LLC., One Old Country Road, Suite 500, Carle Place, NY 11514.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER CELEBRATIONS.COM, LLC., THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AS WELL AS, THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ARV OF THE PRIZES SET FORTH HEREIN.
10. GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS WITHIN THE COUNTIES OF NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY, NEW YORK.
© 2014 CELEBRATIONS.COM, LLC.
She may be the Cookie Rookie, but her recipes are definitely top notch. Check out all of Becky's delicious creations.Read More »