After the madness of the holidays, it could be tough to put together the perfect party for New Year's Eve. Luckily, we've got ten easy to follow tips for hosting a NYE party without making too much work for yourself.
Keeping it laid back, glitzy and simple isn't as hard as you might think!
10 Tips for the Perfect NYE Party at Home
1. Save the Date. Send out invitations well in advance to ensure that your guests know that you are planning a party, and then tie in the invitation with the theme of the party to give a hint of what fun awaits as well as to make planning easier for you.
2. Embrace your theme. Décor is key in delivering a festive NYE party, so choose a décor that fits with your theme and plays a background to the party rather than acts as the focal point. This will also keep your work on this part of the process to a minimum. Try to work in any holiday decor you have out already - candles, glittery ornaments, twinkle lights, etc.
3. Set the mood. Speaking of twinkle lights, lighting is the quickest way to set the party mood for a New Year's Eve party. Candles create a fabulous whispering light that compliment side lighting to create the perfect party mood. Avoid using overhead or bright halogen lights during the party when possible.
4. Turn it up. Create the perfect soundtrack that includes early party, mid party and up tempo party tracks prior to the party starting, this is a great way to ensure that your guests enjoy great music all night long. Not up for making a playlist of your own? Songza. com has some great playlists you can listen to for free all night long on most any device with just a couple clicks.
5. Stock your bar. Keep your NYE bar fully stocked! This includes beer, wine, champagne, the more popular liquors, soda and water, too. Check out my top 10 tips for a New Year's Eve bar.
6. Make room. If you are hosting a large party, move your furniture around or relocate it to another room to give your guests more room to move during the party.
7. Count Down together. Give all of your guests a way to come together over the countdown to 2013. I love giving guests countdown number cards, with a group of guests sharing the same number you have everyone participating to the countdown in a unique way.
8. Dial Up. NYE is a big cocktail night, so make sure you have the numbers to at least 3 cab companies to ensure that your guests have a safe way to journey home.
9. Pop Up Guest Room. Like a girl scout, be prepared for unexpected guests by having plenty of clean linens on hand and a few spots for guests to get some shut eye!
10. Thoughtful Party Favors. The morning after the night before is always a hard one to wake up to, so stock your party favors with recovery goodies like Asprin, coffee, chocolates and new year wishes.
This post was sponsored and inspired by Pear Tree Greetings, but the great ideas come from the creative minds of our contributors, not the advertiser. Inspire yourself and visit Pear Tree for holiday cards, wedding stationery and birthday invitations.