We are firm believers here at Celebrations that there are unlimited reasons in life to celebrate. Arguably one of the best reasons of all, however, is your 21st birthday! For a young American adult, turning 21 signifies a rite of passage into adulthood--most notably due to the fact that it means you can legally consume alcohol.
Various traditions surround celebrating one's 21st birthday, but our favorite is the custom of the 21st Birthday Dare List! Having some crazy (and responsible) fun with your friends is what your 21st birthday party should be all about, and a dare list makes it easy to do just that.
Check out our 21 dares for a 21st Birthday Dare List, and get ready to live it up!
21 Dares to Have on Your 21st Birthday Dare List
1) Take a birthday cake shot
2) Ask a stranger (or a roomful of strangers) to sing Happy Birthday to you
3) Sing karaoke to your favorite song
4) Get a piggy-back ride into a bar
5) Leave a 21-cent tip
6) Start a Conga line
7) Take a shot...with no hands!
8) Drunk dial the 21st person in your contact list
9) Speak only in a British accent
10) Get 21 phone numbers
11) Dance on a table
12) Take prom-style posed pictures with a man of your friends' choice
13) Jersey Turnpike one of your friends (that's the shot made with all the excess alcohol in the bar mat!)
14) Dance "Gangnam Style"
15) Recite the alphabet backwards
16) Kiss a stranger (on the cheek if you must!)
17) Take 21 photos with strangers
18) Collect 21 dollars from 21 strangers
19) Watch the sunrise
20) Take a picture with a cop
21) Get a stranger to buy you a drink
And now for some blogger inspiration for some cute ways to display those dare lists!
Image via Candied Life
Image via Her Campus