Light, savory and sweet, this Carrot Ginger soup is absolutely scrumptious. I made it for my date on Millioniare Matchmaker and I hope you give it a try, too!
2 Tb Unsalted Butter
1 Tb Olive Oil
2 cups Diced Carrots
1 cup Diced Yellow Onion
1/2 cup Diced Celery
1/4 cup Diced Fresh Ginger
2 Tb Fresh Garlic
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1 Fresh Bay Leaf
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 cups Vegetable Stock
1. In a large sauce pot over medium heat add olive oil and butter.
2. Once melted add carrots, onions, celery, ginger and garlic.
3. Season with salt and pepper, and let sauté for about 10 minutes. Be careful to avoid caramelizing the vegetables.
4. Add the bay leaf, brown sugar and vegetable stock. Let cook for another 20 minutes until carrots and tender.
5. Add soup to blender or use buerre stick to puree.
6. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
7. Serve and enjoy!