You can't create a much better adult-lovin' dessert when you infuse cake with Guinness stout and top it with an Irish Cream frosting -- unless you roll that into a ball and pop it on a stick. Yes, these are amazing!
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Guinness stout
2/3 cup Dutch-processed
cocoa powder, sifted
1 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon table salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup unsalted butter
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 pinch table salt
3 tablespoons irish cream (Bailey’s or Carolan’s)
1 tablespoon milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 24-30 cupcake cups, or fill with paper liners.
2. In a saucepan, heat the butter, Guinness, cocoa and brown sugar, whisking often, until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
4. In the work bowl of a stand mixer (or into a large mixing bowl), sift together salt, flour, white sugar and baking soda. Add the cooled Guinness mixture and beat on medium for 1 minute. Add eggs and sour cream and beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth.
5. Divide the batter evenly between (2) 9" cake plans or (1) 9"x12" sheet cake pan. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes, then remove and transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
6. Meanwhile, in (cleaned) work bowl of stand mixer, cream butter until very light and fluffy. Add salt, and slowly add confectioners sugar. Do not run the mixer above low, to keep the sugar from spraying all over your kitchen. Add a couple of spoonsful at a time until it has all been absorbed into the butter. Add Bailey’s and milk until spreadable consistency is achieved.
7. Once cooled, crumble the cake up until you get the consistency of bread crumbs. Add in ¾ of your icing mixture. (You can add more if it still feels dry). Your cake mixture will feel sticky & wet like rolling a meatball.
8. Using your hands or a spoon roll out your cake balls (approx. 1inch).
Freeze for (2) hours.
9. Melt some candy melts according to the package. Dip end of lollipop stick in candy and insert into cake balls. Freeze for another (2) hours.
10. Once cake balls are firm to the touch, melt your candy melt according to package. Dip in the candy melt & allow to cool and harden.
11. Decorate Cake Pops to your liking & enjoy!