We love the idea of transforming a cupcake into an Easter basket! Parents can have the kids help assemble these cute cupcakes - they're that easy!
1 box Pilsbury Funfetti cupcake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 half package of flaked coconut
1 package red (or brown) shoe string licorice
1 package Jelly Beans
1 pinch green food coloring
1 can vanilla icing
1. Bake Pilsbury Funfetti Cupcakes by following the directions on the back of the box.
2. Allow to cool before icing each one with vanilla icing.
3. In a medium bowl mix flaked coconut with 2-3 drops of green food coloring. Your desired color should represent "grass."
4. Sprinkle the green coconut on top of the vanilla iced cupcakes - it should stick nicely. Top with assorted Jelly Beans.
5. Poke a piece of shoe string licorice (about 4 - 5 inches long) on either side of the cupcake so it looks like a basket handle.
20 to 25 minutes
20 - 24 cupcakes
Recipes and photos courtesy of Karen Perkins.