White pumpkins, also known as "ghost pumpkins," are an elegant change from the orange variety. Incorporate them into a tablescape such as this for a formal dinner or a modern look with a minimalist feel.
8 miniature pumpkins of assorted variety
4 white miniature pumpkins
2 (8-inch diameter) bubble bowls (or shallow bowl of any sort)
white pillar candles
fall napkin rings
1. Place a nice tablecloth on the table, such as a cloth made from white damask.
2. Fill bubble bowls halfway with miniature pumpkins, making sure to intersperse the white ones to give it that burst of elegance.
3. Set bowls of pumpkins in the middle of the table, about 20 inches apart.
4. Place a white pillar candles on a candle plate either in between the pumpkin bowls, which should be in the center of the table, or on either side.
If you have three pillar candles, another idea would be to place one between the two bowls and to add the other two candles on other side of each bowl, so your tablescape line up is a candle, pumpkin bowl, candle, pumpkin bowl, candle.
5. Finish your tablescape by setting each place with white platters topped with white napkins and dark napkin rings to mimic the juxtaposition of your centerpiece.
We recommend keeping glassware simple to maintain that elegant, yet minimalist look.