What camp experience would be complete without s'mores?! This s'mores recipe idea is the perfect follow up to our nutritious Teepee Snack. Make this child favorite snack recipe at your kid's birthday party and savor this summertime snack together!
Pruning Shears (optional)
1. Gently break your graham crackers, along the perforated lines, into quarters
2. Cut your marshmallows into quarters length-wise
3. Take one graham cracker quarter and lay two marshmallow quarter, end to end, on top of it to cover the surface. Place a second piece of graham cracker on top to create a "sandwich".
4. Place your sandwich on a plate and microwave until the marshmallow is tacky. (Approximately 20 seconds.)
5. Make sure that your graham crackers are adhered to your marshmallow and insert the blunt end of your skew into the marshmallow. Trim the sharp end of the skewer with pruning shears if desired. Set aside to cool.
6. Melt your chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave. Do this in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Do not overcook the chips. Once melted stir the chocolate so that it is smooth and creamy.
7. Holding the stick part of your s'more, spoon the chocolate over the sandwich coating it thoroughly.
8. Insert the end of the skewer into a piece of styrofoam at a 45 degree angle (so that the chocolate doesn't drip down the stick as it hardens) and refrigerate until the chocolate is firm
I have never seen a child that doesn't love a tasty, sugary treat and these are definitely crowd pleasers!
And when paired with fruit kabobs, they create a vibrant balanced dessert that everyone will enjoy.