Savory, with a hint of sweet and bite of spice, this soup recipe is perfect to serve in shot glasses as an appetizer at a winter party, but also works wonderfully as a meal.
4 tablespoons olive oil ½ onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3-4 carrots, chopped
2 large zucchini, chopped
1 small bunch spinach chopped
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 cup white beans
1 cup red kidney beans
2 tablespoons kosher salt
4 tablespoons tomato paste
4-6 cups chicken stock
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot and sauté the onion over medium-low heat until they begin to burn slightly. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add all the remaining veles. Season with sea salt and stir to mix in the onions.
2. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, until the vegetables have reduced in volume by half.
3. Stir in chicken stock and beans.
4. Increase heat, bring to a boil and then reduce the heat again.
5. Add the tomato paste.
6. Cook for 10 more minutes then drizzle 4 tablespoons olive oil.