Wedding FlowersShop 1-800-Flowers.com for all of the flowers you'll need to make your wedding the event of the year. From centerpieces to boutonnieres, let us arrange a smile for you.
Wedding InvitationsWith over 850 different designs from top brands, FineStationery.com offers a style for every couple. From classic to mod designs, and luxury papers to affordable suites, your wedding invitations will be perfect.
Guest Post: Uncover Your Wedding Style
This is a guest post from The Demoiselle “Divine Details for the Modern Damsel & Chic Bride.” The Demoiselle is a daily showcase of exceptional accessories and décor accents from the fashion industry, the bridal market, and the design and craft world. Accessorize your life!
We’ve all heard the stories about brides buying three pairs of wedding shoes before deciding the 4th was the right one. The key to finding your signature style and saving time & money? Be yourself on the big day.
We’ve broken it down to three steps:
1. What’s your look on any given day? Is it preppy? Are you into frilly, feminine pieces? Have Birkenstocks never led you astray? Is it all about your *insert luxury label of choice* bag?
2. Imagine the big day. Does your look fall in line with your usual tastes or are you switching it up for extra wow-factor?
3. Now for the fun part! Choose finishing touches that highlight your signature style.
Which bride are you?
Vintage Bride: You’re a sentimental creature and you’ve rarely seen an heirloom or antique that didn’t make your heart melt.
- Vintage style dresses by Whirlingturban
- Keepsake Bouquets made of clay flowers or jewelry.
- Pearls and more pearls…
Bohemian Bride: At one point or another you’ve found yourself in a thrift shop waffling between two pairs of ripped jeans wondering, “What would Denise do?” (Queue A Different World theme song.)
- Ododo Originals hair flowers
- An eclectic single bloom bouquet
- A babies breath headpiece from your florist
Luxe Bride: As far as you’re concerned labels and love are neck and neck. (Ok, maybe labels beat love – but only by a hair!! We’re not judging. )
- Dazzling wedding shoes from Aruna Seth
- Jaw dropping headpieces by Johanna Johnson
- Luxury Lingerie
Classic Bride: You’re a romantic at heart and you know Chivalry isn’t dead and your fiancé is proof!
- Couture headpieces and accessories by Enchanted Atelier
- Classic but shockingly chic dyeables
- Wedding sashes
Anti-Bride: You laugh in the face of tradition and sneer at any mother-of-the-groom who dares challenge you (respectfully and behind her back of course.) It’s all about the alternatives:
- A hat instead of a veil – I adore Preston & Olivia
- Sneakers, boat shoes, or rainboots instead of shoes
- A clutch a clutch-bouquet instead of a bouquet
I’ll leave you with a quote to remember: “To be a fashionable woman is to know yourself, know what you represent, and know what works for you. To be ‘in fashion’ could be a disaster on 90 percent of women. You are not a page out of Vogue.” ~Author Unknown