Come Work With Us!
Celebrations is a media property owned by 1800Flowers. We benefit from the flexibility and freedom of being a small company and the resources of a much larger corporation. From a sunny day to your birthday to your wedding day, we believe life is worth celebrating! It is our mission to bring creative energy and inspiration to our users, while providing them with the tools to act on every happy idea that comes their way.
We are half online invitation platform, half media site, 100% party (too corny? it’s true!). We launched in 2008, and are a team of writers, designers and contributors who are dedicated to helping you enjoy every moment, and we consider our team the poster children of our #maketoday mantra. We are located in the Flatiron District in New York City, and take pride in taking advantage of our amazing neighborhood. Shake Shack, Madison Square Park, Eataly…. there is no shortage of adventures.
We task ourselves to delivering a beautiful, inspired experience on our site and all social outlets. From designers, to party planners, to casual browsers, we strive to give each of our visitors a little more spring in their step, some more butter on their popcorn… you get the idea.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical & Prescription Drug Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance (Associate, Spousal and Child Life)
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Wholly Owned by 1800Flowers.com
Check out the openings and join our talented, fun-loving team!
UX Designer and Front-End Developer
This is a full time position based in our New York City office.Summary:
We are seeking a creative, organized and skilled CSS/HTML developer to lead on site styling and user experience on Celebrations.com. This person will lead the charge of bringing fun, creativity and utility to all user experiences with our site.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in a start-up environment and is a creative problem solver who understands that design is about visual communication and language. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about clean, compelling, high quality design and wants to contribute in multiple dimensions to shape and define the Celebrations web experience. This person will work closely with teams across the brand to iteratively refine the way our users interact with our products throughout all phases of the product cycle and the strategic road-map our our product.
We're looking for a flexible, multi-tasking candidate with creative energy and a desire to build something new. The UX designer and front end developer will play a big role within our growing brand and will directly contribute to our success in a very visible way. We are very data driven, so you should be passionate about site performance and the driving metrics behind it.Responsibilities:
- Execute all front end changes including site updates and bug fixes
- Collaborate with in-house design and remote (full-time) development team to spec out and build new application functionality
- Serve as a liaison to Editorial and Design teams, assisting in wire-framing and final development of special projects and campaigns
- Establish and maintain interactive visual design systems
- Spearhead user interface & experience redesign projects and research UX models to improve on-site experience
- Keep up to date on UX blogs, theories, and technologies
- Fluency in HTML / CSS / and working knowledge of HAML / LESS
- Must have excellent UX skills and experience, be able to create wire-frames, user flows, personas, etc. Must also be able to give direction to development team
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics, both implementation and reporting
- Solid understanding of consumer web and social media space
- Strong project management skills with an ability to drive execution of multiple projects; deadline and detail-oriented
- Energy, hard-working attitude, and interest in having significant impact on a growing business
- Experience with a web framework (eg, Ruby on Rails)
- Version Control (we use git)
- Previous start-up experience
- 2-3 years of design experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, or similar tools. Experience with designing for touch and/or mobile interfaces is a plus
- In-depth understanding of HTML, CSS, LESS, HAML and browser capabilities
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and web design best practices/standards
- CS degree or programming experience required
Tell us what you love about Celebrations, why we’d be fools not to hire you, and your favorite non-holiday Celebration (happy hour? snowday? coffee break?). Have fun with it and send it our way along with your resume, cover letter, and link to your online portfolio to email@example.com.
We're a small team looking for a engineer with an understanding of Ruby and server side development. You’ll be core part of the team and be involved with everything from infrastructure planning to software engineering.
We care about experience writing actual real-world applications. We like to see open source contributions, personal projects (you do have personal projects), contract work, anything that we can put our hands on. A github profile or similar would suffice, or you can send us some relevant code from projects you’ve worked on.
To Apply: Please check out celebrations.com, then send a Resume & Cover Letter, examples of your code to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graphic Designer, Finestationery.com
The position of Graphic Designer is located at our New York office in the Midtown Manhattan Flatiron District.Summary:
FineStationery is looking for a Graphic Designer who loves to design compelling and imaginative brand and marketing pieces in a fast-paced NYC environment. This person will support the core marketing operations of FineStationery.com and help to steward the FineStationery brand by helping to create amazing campaigns and maintaining a consistent brand voice and look.Responsibilities:
- Create graphics and multimedia assets for websites and online materials
- Prepare final layouts for print and web publishing
- Design and code emails
- Design landing pages and other online media and banners
- Ability to design user interfaces
- Strong understanding of current web design best practices, styles and methodology
- Stationery creation
- Front End Web Graphic Design
- Strong sense of design/style
- Excellent, detail-oriented design, layout and type design skill – refined design eye
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign
- Initiative, time management, and team collaboration skill
- Excellent concepting and brainstorming ability
- Thorough understanding of how to communicate effectively in a digital environment
- HTML coding
- Print production knowledge and capability
- 2-5 years design experience
- E-commerce/ retail design experience preferred
Established in 2000, FineStationery is the premiere curated marketplace of fine papers, stationery, and invitations boasting over 50 iconic stationery designers and brands focused on all of life’s special moments. FineStationery insists on making every occasion memorable through the careful selection of amazing cards, fabulous designs and great paper. Only FineStationery is well sent.
Some of our iconic brands include Crane & Co, William Arthur, Vera Wang, Caspari, Kleinfeld, Real Simple.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of 1-800-Flowers.com, Inc.